How do they communicate?
Many channels are now used by PR professionals, starting with the more traditional (mail and telephone), but also including more recent innovations like e-mail, social media, mobile apps, etc. This is combined with special events (during a product launch, for example). Media relations agents must adapt to each artist and every need. In fact, they must precisely target journalists and influencers. Once their targeting is complete, PR professionals will use their special tools:
- The press release (PR) is an initial and indispensable PR tool. Averaging one to three pages in length, it makes a specific announcement. The journalist/influencer must understand the subject right from the first sentence. The title must be clear and catchy. The information must be succinct while still providing enough material for the journalist to prepare an article. In the case of press releases, supply far exceeds demand, so it is important to stand out by providing critical information, well-targeted at the right time. Before distribution to a media outlet, it is important to make sure the outlet’s audience is likely to be interested in the information that is about to be communicated to it. Originally sent by mail, it is now more widely distributed by e-mail and relayed over social networks and the internet. We are now talking about PR 2.0.
- The press kit (PK), like the PR, has also been around since the beginning. More detailed, it has more components: press release, detailed information such as the schedule, event dates, activities, a map, information about the artist and sponsors. It may be accompanied by samples or goodies.
- The purpose of the press conference is to introduce a remarkable change about an important product or event in the artist’s history. The venue will be chosen so that a maximum of journalists/influencers can participate. It will consist of a series of speeches and the presentation of products. The press/media agents manage the organization. They set the date by avoiding the middle of the month – dates when magazines are finalized. They ensure that it runs smoothly and help by setting topics and writing speeches. They make sure that it is not too long to hold the audience’s attention. Press conferences are now often broadcast live on networks so that journalists do not have to travel.
- The press trip (PT) involves inviting journalists/influencers to travel with the PR professional for a few hours/days to introduce them to something new or an event. They are a good way to bond with targets and achieve favorable media impact. If the journalists/influencers are satisfied, they will have good impression of the artist and the press agent. From then on, they will contact him or her without prompting.
- Less expensive than the PT, press lunches are also geared towards establishing a good relationship with targets.
Finally, in order to assess the impact of a PR campaign, it is important to catalog each instance when the brand appears in a press review: articles, social media posts, etc. You will be able to get an idea of the financial benefit by referring to magazine / newspaper traffic or the influencer community! In conclusion, as you’ll see, PR professionals using their channels and tools will give you better visibility and enable your artist to become well-known quickly and at a lower cost![/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”80px”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][/vc_row]
[vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern”][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_single_image image=”24638″ img_size=”large” qode_css_animation=””][vc_separator type=”normal” up=”20″ down=”20″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern”][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]Thanks to the PR profession, artists see their media coverage increase and this enhances their reputation. These days we know that competition is fierce, and well-known artists (associated with a good image) stand out from their competitors.